Tuesday, July 21, 2020

My Letter to CBS Sports

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sean McManus, CEO
CBS Sports
1401 W. Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Dear Sir:
Thank you and CBS Sports for broadcasting Jack Nicklaus' Memorial Golf Tournament this week. I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage. Well, let me say that I WAS thoroughly enjoying the coverage until accosted by former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher for...well, I'm not really sure why he was accosting me. He yelled angrily into the camera that I must "open my eyes" to the BLM movement.

According to reliable sources, Mr. Cower makes "at least" four million dollars per year as a paid sports commentator for CBS Sports and perhaps ESPN, too. Good for him. Nevertheless, by what presumption does he--with your approval, I'm sure--feel qualified to question my personal ethics and those of all the other viewers of this great golfing event?

My reaction was much the same as if Mr. Cowher or some other lout accosted me face-to-face. I turned off the TV and walked away. I did not watch the conclusion of the tournament.

Patrick Barron
20 McMullan Farm Lane
West Chester, PA 19382

cc:
Kirt Walker, CEO, Nationwide Insurance
One Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, OH 43215-2220

Jack Nicklaus, Jr., CEO, Nicklaus Foundation
Golden Bear Plaza, East Tower
11770 U.S. Highway One, Suite 308, North Palm Beach, FL 33408

James Pitaro, CEO, ESPN
935 Middle Street, Bristol, CT 06010

Jay Monahan, CEO, PGA Tour
100 PGA Tour Blvd., Ponte Verde, FL 32082

No comments:

Post a Comment