Monday, November 23, 2020

My letter to the NY Times re: Do As I Say, Not As I Dine

 Re: For Newsom the Coronavirus Message Is Do as I Say, Not as I Dine


Dear Sirs:
California Governor Gavin Newsom is being pilloried as a hypocrite, and rightly so, for not following his own Coronavirus guidelines while dining at an exclusive French restaurant. But here is another way to look at it: Governor Newsom valued a special dining experience with friends and colleagues more than the possibility of catching the virus, very small, and if he did catch it that he would become very sick and possibly die, even smaller. In other words, he made a personal decision based upon his personal risk assessment. Fine with me as long as all the rest of us riff raff, wherever we may live, can do the same.

Patrick Barron
20 McMullan Farm Lane
West Chester, PA 19382
610-793-3605

No comments:

Post a Comment